Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Triumphant Return!

I made it! My trip was fun, but full of unexpected obstacles. When we made it to Jasper, it was to discover that the entire city was under a boil order. The hotel left us 2 water bottles in our room each day because none of the water was fit for consumption.

Then we woke up the next day... Apparently, we had perfect timing on when we wanted to take our showers because the city was flushing the lines and the water that came out of our faucets looked like sewage...  Yeah, not a fun day.

Anyway, all's well that ends well. Nicole and Jason had a beautiful ceremony full of laughter and tears. And then there was the reception... I don't think Nicole will live down her antics for years to come. We had a blast though!

And now there's only a week until I pack up and do it all over again for Nik and Roxy!

Speaking of them, I made a card for their wedding today. I've been attempting cards for them over the past several months because I wanted to incorporate orange in the card (their wedding color). As you know, I hate orange. Loathe it. Well, I used Calypso Coral in this one and I think it turned out rather pretty.



Stamps: Four Feathers, Itty Bitty Banners (with matching dies)
Ink: Calypso Coral, Versamark
Embossing Powder: Gold (Recollections)
Paper: Whisper White
Embossing Folder: Modern Mosaic
Accents: Calypso Coral Baker's Twine

I'll be back for a week, but then I leave for Nik and Roxy's wedding next Tuesday afternoon. Hopefully, I'll have some good updates between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment