Friday, March 6, 2015

Monogram Madness!

Just a quick detour from card making...My husband and I adopted a new kitten just before Christmas and she's a sweetheart! Adding her to our family brings us up to 2 dogs and 3 cats. I know, that's a little crazy, but I just can't seem to find the heart to say no when I see an animal in need. She was found in a live trap outside of our vet's office. They believe that she was dumped at the RV sales place next door with her litter and that she was the only one that survived. If we didn't take her home, then they were either going to release her again or take her to a shelter. I gave my husband the "sad eyes" and we ended up taking her home with us! I mean, how could you say no to this?

 
Introducing a new pet to the family is always a trial and error process, but I think we've achieved harmony in our house.
 


Our Great Dane, Jax, just adores his new sister, Penny. He thinks she's his baby.

 
And for her part, Penny isn't afraid of anything. She's definitely made herself at home with us.

Okay, now back to the cards!

I decided that I needed some monogram cards in my stash. Sometimes I need to send a card that doesn't need a particular sentiment and I love having some monogram stationery on hand for these occasions.


This one is probably my favorite of the bunch. I used PTI's Drips and Dribbles to create the coffee stains and then added my initial with Sophisticated Serifs. It fits in the with my personality and love of coffee!


This card was made using PTI's Bowl of Sunshine and the smaller letters from Sophisticated Serifs. I absolutely loved how this turned out, so I used the same stamps to create different bowls of fruit for a cute set of 5.





And finally I decided to create some cards with my husband's and my initials. It looks kind of like thank you stationery for after a wedding, but I still love it.



 
I used the Your Perfect Day and Sophisticated Serifs sets for these cards and I love the way they turned out. It's a little girly for my husband's taste, but when does he send the cards anyway? He'll survive my sending out some girly cards in his name!
 
Supplies:

Stamps: Drips & Dribbles (Papertrey Ink), Bowl of Sunshine (Papertrey Ink), Sophisticated Serifs, Your Perfect Day
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Coastal Cabana, Smoky Slate, Tangelo Twist, Old Olive, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride

1 comment:

  1. hi rachel - recently found your blog (via pinterest) and love your style - added you to my bloglovin" feed - and love that sweet little kitten too!

    ReplyDelete