Thursday, March 12, 2015

Mother's Day and a Watercolor

I started working on my Mother's Day cards a little earlier than usual this year. It gives me a bit of time for some trial and error before I choose the one I truly love.



I used the new Sweet Laughter set for both of these cards. I actually used some DSP for them as well, which is something I typically don't do, but I liked the look behind the panels. I used my markers to color the flowers in this card and stamped the sentiment "I sure do" inside of the card.

 
I used the heart from the Wood You Be Mine? set to create the inside of the measuring cup. I stamped in 3 different colors in a random pattern. The left side was created with Sweet Sadie Washi tape.

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet Laughter, Wood You Be Mine?
Ink: StazOn Jet Black, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, So Saffron
Markers: Pistachio Pudding, Daffodil Delight and Pink Pirouette (Blendabilities)
Paper: Whisper White, Strawberry Slush, All Abloom DSP, Lullaby DSP
Other: Baker's Twine, Washi Tape

I've been experimenting with different coloring techniques over the past few days. Stampin' Up! discontinued their line of Blendabilities because of quality control issues, so my favorite coloring medium is being taken away from me (sob!). Copic markers are an expensive option, so I can't afford them at the moment, but that doesn't mean that I can't find some other way to get the results I want. I had some distress markers in my stash, so I got those out and did some watercoloring on some Strathmore watercolor paper.


It's not perfect, but I think I could get used to this technique. I used the markers to color on an acrylic block and then used watercolor brushes to pick up the color with varying amounts of water to paint on my "cat lady". I think it's kind of cute!

Supplies:
Stamps: Crazy Cat Lady (Art Impressions)
Ink: Versamark, StazOn Jet Black
Paper: Whisper White, Strathmore watercolor
Other: Black embossing powder, Tim Holtz Distress Markers, watercolor brushes

No comments:

Post a Comment