Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Coloring Fun!

I've been spending some time coloring images lately. All the sympathy cards were kind of depressing me and coloring always seems to cheer me up. I'm still waiting on my copics to get here (should be Thursday), so I used my Blendabilities again. I'm just not happy with the results I get with them sometimes, so I'll be extremely happy when I get my copics and finally get down to experimenting with them.


I'm obsessed with all the elephant stamps that companies are releasing right now. This image is from a Hero Arts set called Lil' Hoot.


Who doesn't like donuts? I know I love them! I colored these donuts and then used Crystal Effects to make the icing look shiny. I just love these cuties! (Simon Says Stamp I Love Donuts)


I simply added these donuts to a cute tag and attached it to a panel of a repeatedly stamped background. Love them!


Paper Smooches recently had a sale and I indulged in a little retail therapy. I just love their critter stamps! All the chubby little animals never fail to make me smile. I did a little masked stamping to create the trio of animals and then colored everything with my Blendabilities. This is where I think the Blendabilities show their downside. The larger colored areas were extremely hard to blend and you can still see some of the lines from the coloring. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't make it all blend together without making everything much darker than I wanted it to look. This is why I'm so excited for my copics to get here. I can't wait to try some of this again!

Supplies:
Stamps: Lil' Hoot (Hero Arts), I Love Donuts (Simon Says Stamp), Chubby Chums and Birthday Buddies (Paper Smooches)
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Tangelo Twist, Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist, Perfect Plum
Other: Assorted Blendabilities, Sequins

3 comments: