Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Water and Fishes

I guess I have a thing for water, fish, and sushi lately. My last three cards have featured at least one...

Sometimes you get a theme in your head and you just can't move on until you work it out. That's what it's been for me lately. I've been going crazy with water-themed cards...and I guess sushi fits in there somewhere...


My first card was one that's been knocking around in my head for a few weeks. I knew I wanted to make a shaker card featuring this cute little girl from Abby's Spring Showers, but I couldn't quite figure out how I wanted to put it together. I still don't think it was quite what I was envisioning, but when does it ever turn out exactly like what you were thinking?


A close-up of the shaker, so you can see all the fun things inside. I used rain drop die cuts, sequins, and seed beads. I finished off Abby with some Crystal Effects on her boots and some clear Wink of Stella on her socks, dress, and flower. Just cute!

I'm entering this little cutie in the Addicted to CAS Challenge #61. The code word inspired the shaker on my card!



Supplies:
Stamps: Abby's Spring Showers (Simon Says Stamp)
Die Cuts: Abby's Spring Showers (Simon Says Stamp), Sunshine Layers (WPlus9), Circles Collection (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Whisper White (Stampin' Up!), Mermaid Line Dance (Lawn Fawn)
Ink: Lost Lagoon, Pool Party, Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copic Markers
Accents: Sequins, Seed Beads, Crystal Effects, Wink of Stella


This card features the Waves Stencil from Simon Says Stamp. I thought it looked like seaweed when I turned it on its side, so that's how this cutie was born! I added an image and sentiment from Paper Smooches' Calorie Free set and I was finished!

I've decided to enter this little guy into the Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge. The theme this week is Anything Goes, so it's perfect for my first entry (because it's easy!).



Supplies:
Stamps: Calorie Free (Paper Smooches)
Stencil: Waves (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink: Mossy Meadow, Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copic Markers
Paper: Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Accents: Sequins, Clear Wink of Stella


While I still had my Waves stencil sitting on my desk, I inked up another panel with some seaweed. I had some fish already colored from a previous project, so I created a little fishbowl using the waves stencil and a bit of cardstock finished off with the Mama Elephant Landscape Trio Dies. The sentiment is from Paper Smooches' Birthday Buddies set.

Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday Buddies (Paper Smooches), Best Fishes (Simon Says Stamp)
Dies: Fish and Bowl (Simon Says Stamp)
Stencil: Waves (Simon Says Stamp), Landscape Trio (Mama Elephant)
Paper: Whisper White, Mossy Meadow, Pool Party, Baked Brown Sugar
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pool Party, Assorted Copic Markers
Accents: Crystal Effects, Wink of Stella, Pearls

4 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous cards, Rachel! Beautiful coloring and I love how you used the waves stencil! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your gorgeous shaker card. So glad we could inspire you to make that as it is wonderful. Love all of these cards! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! Love the shaker part too -Thanks for joining in at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love the shaker in the background and that little girl is TOO cute! Beautiful coloring! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete