Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Spots & Dots Rainbow

I wanted to participate in this month's Mama Elephant Stamp with Me challenge, so I combined it with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Mama Elephant wants you to use a rainbow and Simon wants you to use spots or dots. I thought, why not a spotted rainbow?


I'm trying to be more diverse when I'm coloring. I seem to always gravitate to blonds or brunettes, so I decided to try using the human rainbow as well as nature's rainbow. I used the lovely Sandy Allnock's Human Rainbow skin tone chart to help me pick my markers this time. I love how it turned out. I guess I pulled a double meaning out of the challenge! I colored all of my little kids and then added clear Wink of Stella to their masks and Glossy Accents to their boots. The background was made by sponging distress ink through a stencil.

Supplies:
Stamps: Tiny Heroes (Mama Elepahnt)
Dies: Tiny Heroes (Mama Elephant), Landscape Border Trio (Mama Elephant), Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copics, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Broken China, Seedless Preserves (Distress Ink)
Other: Dots Stencil (SU), Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Clear Wink of Stella, Glossy Accents

4 comments:

  1. This is oh SO cute Rachel!! Your colorful polka dotted background is so much & you colored your adorable little super heroes beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the superheros!! Your coloring is awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An adorable card Rachel, a fantastic background and I just love how you've added your cute superheros to their appropriate background rainbow colour and a fabulous sentiment!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card! Such cute images and I love the polka dot background!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete