Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Anniversary and Another Birthday!

I have two cards to share with you today. Both are going to members of my family and both for an event on the 22nd!


First up is a card for my Aunt and Uncle for their 25th Anniversary! I just love the Heart of Roses die from Simon Says Stamp and I think it's the perfect piece for an anniversary card. It's just gorgeous! I added the sentiment in silver since it's their silver anniversary! I also sprinkled a few silver sequins across the card for embellishment. To create the stained glass look behind the die cut, I cut out a larger heart using vellum and then attached the two. I used my Copics to color on the back of the vellum so that it would show through the front of the die cut.

I'm going to add this card to not only the Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge (using die cuts), but also to the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge (just a pinch). I used just a pinch of sequins on this card for a bit of silver embellishment!

Supplies:
Stamps: Happy Everything (Mama Elephant)
Dies: Heart of Roses and Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp), Happy Script (Mama Elephant)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Vellum, Smoky Slate, Basic Black, Silver Metallic
Ink: Versamark, R22, YG17, B01 (Copics)
Other: Silver embossing powder, Silver 4mm and 6mm Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

Next up is a card I made for another Aunt, this time for a birthday.


My Aunt just recently got a new puppy, so I used the Playful Pups set which had a dog that looked a lot like hers. I colored him to look like her new puppy, too! I used the All Prettied Up die set from Mama Elephant for the front card panel and the box to put the puppy in. The background was sponged using Distress Inks and attached behind the panel to the card base.

Supplies:
Stamps: Playful Pups (Mama Elephant)
Dies: All Prettied Up and Playful Pups (Mama Elephant), Stitched Borders 3 (Pretty Pink Posh)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Basic Black, Baked Brown Sugar
Ink: Abandoned Coral and Spun Sugar (Distress Ink), Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Assorted Copics
Other: White embossing powder, Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

1 comment:

  1. These are such lovely cards ~ the anniversary card is beautiful and your colouring on the second card, is stunning! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete