Thursday, December 10, 2015

Cards for Safyre

Today I'm sharing a card I made for a special little girl who lives in New York. She's the survivor of a horrible fire where she was burned over 75% of her body. She lost her family in the fire and her father died protecting her in his arms. All she wants this year for Christmas is to get enough cards to fill her card tree. I'm sure you know she's already surpassed that goal, but I wanted to send a card of my own! Go visit this link and check out her story. If you have an extra card this year or just want to participate, please do!


I loved my little tag from yesterday so much that I redid it and made it into a full size card! The process was the same except that I used a stencil and texture paste for the snow on the card. I also heat embossed the sentiment in silver.

Please take a little time to send a card to Safyre this year. It'll make her day and she's very much deserving of a little love this Christmas.


You can send cards to:

Safyre
P.O. Box 6126
Schenectady NY 12306


While I'm at it, I'm also going to enter this into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week is to create a Christmas card. Hopefully, others will see this post and want to send their own card!

Supplies:
Stamps: Toboggan Together (Lawn Fawn), Jingle Greetings (Mama Elephant)
Dies: Forest Border (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Neenah Solar White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Assorted Copics, Faded Jeans, Chipped Sapphire, Seedless Preserves (Distress Ink)
Other: Silver embossing powder, Snowfall stencil (My Favorite Things), Ranger White texture paste

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card. The scene is adorable and she will love getting this card. What a lovely idea to send this off to her! Thanks for playing along with us in the holly jolly challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete