Thursday, March 10, 2016

Flamingo

My mom loves flamingos. They're her favorite animal on the planet. That's why I knew I had to have the flamingo die and coordinating stamp set when My Favorite Things released them. I actually hadn't broken them out and played with them yet, but I decided to when I saw this week's sketch. I haven't actually played in any of their challenges yet, so I guess it's a day of firsts for me!


I started my card by stamping the Geometric Grid stamp onto a white card base in a light gray ink. I wanted some interest without adding too much distraction. This stamp is perfect for that! Next, I blended 3 colors of distress ink into watercolor cardstock to create the ombre panel. I splattered some water on top to bleach away some ink and give it a watery feeling. I then die cut the flamingo from white cardstock and colored the pieces with my copics before gluing them all together. I added a strip of black paper on top of my watercolor panel and coated it with a layer of Clear Wink of Stella. Hard to capture in a picture, but it has a really nice effect IRL.

After adhering my watercolor piece to the base, I stamped the sentiment vertically along it. Then I added my flamingo and some sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.




No comments:

Post a Comment