Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Dad

I'm already starting on Father's Day cards - trying to stay ahead! I have almost all my cards for June made... yay!


I used the CASology cue for the concept for my card. The cue is stencil and one of my favorites is the English Brick Wall stencil from My Favorite Things. I started with that and then thought it would be fun to make the sentiment look like graffiti. I kept it basic black to give it that feel on top of the brick. I thought it looked really plain, so I stamped the bottle image on vellum with Versamark and then heat embossed it with white. This is where the Misti is so handy... I then stamped the liquid image inside the bottle in Versamark and heat embossed that in Princess Gold (it's a champagne color). It was so easy to get everything lined up the first time with the Misti! I fussy cut around the image and then I hid the adhesive behind the gold embossing and a little behind the droplets I added over the bottle.




5 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel!! What a perfect fathers day card. I love what you do and the colors you chose. Nicely done.Thank you so much for playing with us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great! This is the perfect Father's Day card!! I just love your soft stenciled background!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel all your element come together to make a fantastic card!
    Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous CAS card with great details! Thanks for playing along with the CASology challenge this week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder that Father's Day is coming up soon!!! I'd better get busy! ;)
    Love this masculine card! This is so well done, Rachel!
    Thanks so much for joining us again over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete