Saturday, May 28, 2016

Painted Floral Birthday

I've been in a serious creative funk lately and I can't seem to break out of it. I've been crafting all day today between loads of laundry, but every card has ended up on the scrap pile except for this one and I'm still not fully satisfied with it. I guess sometimes you just need a break!


I used Altenew's Painted Flowers set to create the background for my piece by stamping the flowers in a random pattern across the panel. I didn't have any metallic paper that I wanted to use, so I actually rubbed my Versamark ink pad across the edge of my card base and then embossed the edge with Princess Gold embossing powder. (A neat trick when you want something metallic but don't have anything on hand!) I added a strip of black paper between the edge of the background piece and the embossing. I stamped my sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed in the same Princess Gold embossing powder. I was going to adhere it directly to the panel, but I felt like it was getting lost in the floral print, so I adhered it to a black piece of paper and carefully cut around it before using foam tape to adhere it to the panel. I'm still not sure if I like it, but at this point I'm just glad I got a complete card done today!

I'm entering this card into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Make a Wish and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.

 



4 comments:

  1. hello rachel! sweet card, luv the flowers and the background design! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, love the flower pattern you've created. Very pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is really lovely, Rachel! I don't own any Altenew stamps (if you can believe that), but hope to some day. I've found that when I'm struggling with my creativity it really does help to step away from it for a few days (harder to do if you're on DT's, I know). Here's hoping your mojo returns soon, although based on this card I don't think it's really left you ;)

    ReplyDelete