Thursday, June 2, 2016

White Wedding

A couple of my friends from Indiana recently eloped and I wanted to send them a card in celebration. I looked at some of the pictures they posted from their wedding and all their flowers were white. As a stamper, it's sometimes hard to depict white flowers in our projects, but I thought I'd give it a try. As I looked closer at their flowers, I realized that the shadows in their flowers had a yellowish tinge. I took that and ran with it for the gorgeous flowers on this card!


I began by stamping my flowers on a spare piece of paper. I started by stamping the outline in Mango Smoothie ink and then stamped the detail portion (skipping the base layer) in Buttercream. This kept the petals white while the shadows were the lightest yellow. I stamped my leaves in the typical fashion with three shades of green. Then I fussy cut every piece! (I'm not very patient, so this was the worst part for me!)

My card base was created with a stencil and some embossing paste. I lay the stencil over my base and then used painter's tape to mask off the portion I wanted to keep plain. I removed the stencil and left the base to dry. I used a spare sheet of paper to create my gold strip. I covered an edge in Versamark ink and then heat embossed it in gold. (It's a great way to get a small piece of metallic paper when you don't have the right piece in your stash!) I lay it along the edge of my texture paste background and then trimmed the edges that hung over on each side.

I layered my flowers and leaves as the focal point of the card and then stamped my label sentiment in Versafine Black Onyx ink and clear heat embossed over the top so it has that real label feel. I cut carefully around the edges and layered it on top of my flowers. I finished the whole thing with a scattering of Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh (my favorite!).

I'm entering this card into the Less Is More Challenge this week. I used their sketch for the original idea for the card. (As I went to grab the image for the sketch, I realized that my card ended up looking a little like one of the design team's...I assure you, this was an accident! Whoopsie!)




7 comments:

  1. Very stylish and beautifully made - love the embossing paste and I'm super impressed at your neat fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very elegant card with such a pretty flower. The texture from the embossing paste is a fab idea. Gosh! And elopement - how romantic! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card - I'm sure your friends will love it.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just exquisite! Full of elegance and perfect attention to detail. A brilliant take on the sketch and thanks for playing along at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers, Rachel, this is gorgeous. I absolutely adore your card, a wonderful use of our sketch.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    PS. I saw the June challenge recently at Altenew and your card would fit perfectly! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super card for the newly weds - love that flower!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week
    Anne
    “Less is More”

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just catching up on commenting, as I was away on a choir tour in chilly Derbyshire last week.
    This is so pretty and I love that diagonal embossing!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete