Saturday, September 3, 2016

The Challenge 76

The Challenge is back from our summer break and we have a brand new sketch for you to try! We hope you'll play along with us this week!


I went pretty straight forward with the sketch this week and this is what I came up with...


I started by stamping my mermaid image on some white cardstock and coloring her with my Copics. I used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut her out with a little white border. I cut a piece of the blue heart paper from the Lucky Prints pack with a Waves die and set it aside. I created a white card base and then stamped my Whimsical Waves background stamp in Fog ink to add a little interest to what would have been a rather bland background piece. I adhered my blue patterned paper directly to the base and then popped my mermaid up with some foam tape. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the base with black ink and then added a sprinkling of Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh. I finished the card by adding some clear Wink of Stella to the mermaid's tail, shell, and pearls. I also added some Glossy Accents to the shell and the pearls in her hair.


Here's a little bit of a closer look so you can see some of the shimmer on my mermaid!



2 comments: