Saturday, October 1, 2016

The Challenge 80

It's Saturday and that means a new challenge from The Challenge design team! This week we have a sketch for you to play with.



I couldn't resist pulling out my new Happy Hedgehogs stamp set and creating a fun fall card. I manipulated the sketch a little bit to make it fit the image in my head (rounding the division line and putting the colored paper on the bottom portion), but kept it basically the same. I started by cutting my circle with a cross stitched die and then stamping my hedgehog with my MISTI. I colored him in with Copics and added a little grass (in fall colors) to ground him. I cut a piece of patterned paper to cover my card base and then used a stitched scallop edge die to cut down another white panel to fit over the top portion. I adhered the patterned paper and the white edge piece directly to the base. Next, I stamped my sentiment on some brown cardstock and cut it out using a stitched fishtail die. I also cut a piece of vellum with the same die. I adhered them behind the circular piece and then used foam tape to pop up the banners (just behind the dark piece, not the vellum) and the circular piece. I added a sprinkling of Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to finish it off.




2 comments:

  1. I'm a little bit late in my comments but just to say that your card is so adorable ! This little hedgehog is so cute ! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card, this little hedgehog is darling.

    ReplyDelete