Tuesday, June 27, 2017

CASology: Fly

Hello, everyone! I'm back again today with a brand new cue from the CASology Challenge!


It's summer and so this cue immediately made me think of tropical birds. This time, my mind settled on a toucan!


I started by cutting out a Stitched Hexagon and then stamped my flower. I masked it off and stamped my toucan so that it appears to be behind the flower. I used my Copics to color them in and then added a slight halo around them with some warm grays.

I set that aside and cut and folded my card base. I used a stencil and some Pumice Stone distress ink to add a little interest and help my hexagon stand out from the white of the base. I adhered my hexagon directly on top of the stenciling on the base and then stamped my greeting below it.

Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see how our cue inspires you this week!



4 comments:

  1. Your softly stenciled background is so pretty and works perfectly to showcase your Toucan and flower! Very pretty card, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to add the stencilling behind to add more interest to the card and I love the colouring on your Toucan, especially its beak!Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card inspired my card this week! Yours is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That subtle stenciling behind the hexagon looks fab! Great idea! Thanks for all your amazing inspiration, Rachel! I am going to miss being alongside you amazing designers each week! Wishing you continued success! Warm hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete