Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Unbelievable Birthday

For some reason, I have a ton of birthdays in November and December. I'm trying to work ahead a little bit so I'm not running behind trying to get my Christmas cards finished while also trying to get my birthday cards done, so today I sat down to work on a birthday card.


I created this one with my twin nephews in mind. They're getting a little older now (teenagers!) and I still want to do something cute, but don't want the images to be too cutesy. I think this little Nessie image is just perfect for my creature-loving nephews.

I started by stamping and coloring both my Nessie and her hat. I cut them out using the matching dies and set them aside. Then I set to work assembling my background. I cut my mountains from Smoke cardstock and the snow caps from white. I layered them over a soft blue card base. Then I cut my grass from some green cardstock and layered that on top. Next was my dark blue cardstock with a waves die. And then I wanted to add another layer to slip Nessie behind. I decided on Vellum so the blue layer and my Nessie would show through it. I cut my Vellum down with another wave die and then heat embossed my sentiment on it. I left it a little longer than I needed so that I could fold it under the bottom of my blue piece and adhere it to the back (hiding the adhesive). Then I adhered the blue piece on top of the rest.

I slid my Nessie behind the vellum layer and adhered it down and then added the hat to finish it off. Lots and lots of layering for this one which is something I don't normally do, but I thought it looked really cute!

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment