Thursday, May 8, 2014

Birthday in Teal

You can never have too many birthday cards in your stash. I'm the type of person that always seems to forget to send a birthday card until the last minute. That's why I'm glad I make tons of birthday cards in advance. Don't get me wrong, I always remember my mom and dad and, of course, my husband, but I'm terrible when it comes to friends and even my brother (sorry, Ryan!).

That's why I made this card today:


I dug in my scrap pile until I found 3 patterned papers that I think originally came from a coordinated paper pack, but they look good together. I cut thin strips of each and then staggered their lengths. I used a square punch to make nice ends for my flags and adhered them to a while mat. I used kraft paper and scored it to create the bottom of my cupcake and then cut it into the shape of the wrapper. I used a small scalloped circle punch that was then cut in half to create the top of the cupcake. The embossing folder I used was D'vine Swirls from Cricut. I attached a piece of ribbon to the top and adhered the completed cupcake. Last step was stamping my sentiment which was one by Stampabilities that I've had for ages. 

Ta-da! I have a card that's cute enough to send in a pinch.

No comments:

Post a Comment