Friday, February 20, 2015

Flighty Friday

Today's post is a mixed bag of cards I've been working on. For starters, a wedding card featuring the Your Perfect Day stamp set.


Stampin' Up's website had posted a card similar to this one, but it was in tones of pink and green. I'm not a huge fan of pink, so I decided to create a similar card using my favorite color combo, grey and yellow. I heat embossed the sentiment using a champagne colored embossing powder (I thought gold just looked too flashy with the muted tones).

Supplies:
Stamps: Your Perfect Day
Ink: Smoky Slate, So Saffron, Versamark
Paper: Smoky Slate, So Saffron, Whisper White
Other: Champagne Embossing Powder (Recollections)

Next up is a birthday card using Four Feathers (one of my favs!)

 
I wanted to be able to use this card for either a man or a woman, so I chose neutral tones for the images and sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps: Four Feathers, Guy Greetings
Ink: Early Espresso, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand
Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso
Other: Feather Dies

And last, but not least, is a card that was created with a set that is not a Stampin' Up product (what?!). This beautiful set is from WPlus9 and is called Lucky Stars. It has some humorous sentiments for the inside of your cards, but I actually chose a serious one for it.


I sponged the panel on the front with blushing bride and then used a paintbrush to dribble a little perfect pearls (gold and pearl) mixed with water on the panel. (It's a little hard to see in the picture.) Then I heat embossed the shooting stars. On a piece of vellum, I heat embossed the sentiment and the moon image and attached it to my panel. Attach the panel to a card base and add a few sequins and you're done! (I did stamp a sentiment inside - I can always count on you - in black, but I didn't get a picture.)

Supplies:
Stamps: Lucky Stars (WPlus9)
Ink: Blushing Bride, Versamark
Paper: Whisper White
Other: White and Gold embossing powder, Sequins, Perfect Pearls (Pearl, Gold)

No comments:

Post a Comment