Friday, March 13, 2015

Bowl of Sunshine Birthday

Friday the 13th has always sort of been a lucky day for me. I don't know why, but it seems like good things always happen on that day! And today...inspiration struck!



This is just such a fun birthday card! I used a piece of Kraft paper and sponged some Baked Brown Sugar through a stencil (I think it was a Heidi Swapp). I made sure to vary the amount of ink on the card so that it faded toward the center. I just liked how it framed my die-cut and my sentiment. I die cut the bowl from Pistachio Pudding and heat embossed the white stripes on the front. Then I stamped the apples, stems, and leaves and die cut that piece. The die leaves a longer white border on the bottom of the fruit, so it was super easy to adhere my two pieces together for the perfect bowl!

All that was left was to heat emboss the sentiment beneath the bowl (which was popped up with dimensionals) and wrap some off-white crochet thread around the panel. I used foam tape to adhere to panel to a top-folding card base and it was all done! Easy-peasy!

Supplies:
Stamps: Bowl of Sunshine (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Whisper White, Kraft, Pistachio Pudding
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Other: White embossing powder, Off-White crochet thread

No comments:

Post a Comment