Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Cupcakes and Elephants

I've been busy creating lately and now I'm ready to share a few cards with you! I've been playing around with my new copics and I'm already in love with them. I'm so sad that I didn't get them sooner, but at least I have my new obsession now!



This cute birthday card was created using Mama Elephant's Carnival Cupcakes and Cupcake Toppers with coordinating dies. The background is a watercolor wash using Tim Holtz Distress Inks.


This sweet little elephant image is from WPlus9's Unforgettable set. I just love elephants and the images in this set are just adorable! The background was sponged using a stencil that I created with a piece of paper and a die. I moved my makeshift stencil around the paper to sponge in the clouds. I cut off the stamped tail of the balloon and attached a piece of crochet thread instead. I just love how this turned out!


I CASE'd this card from one of the featured cards on WPlus9's February release post. I just loved the simple style and the spotlight cut for the elephant! Plus, I always seem to need belated birthday cards, so this was perfect for my stash! (The inside has a beautiful birthday sentiment, but I didn't take a picture and I've actually already sent it out! Yes, I am that bad...)


This card was actually just a happy accident. I stamped the images onto a panel just to practice using my markers, but I liked how it turned out, so I trimmed the sides and added it to a Pool Party card base. The stamps are from Ella and Friends by Mama Elephant.

Supplies:
Stamps: Carnival Cupcakes (ME), Carnival Toppers (ME), Ella and Friends (ME), Unforgettable (WPlus9)
Paper: Whisper White, Pool Party
Ink: Soft Sky, Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, Distress Inks - Seedless Preserves, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar (Tim Holtz), Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Copic Markers, Stitched Rectangle Dies (SSS), Carnival Cupcakes and Carnival Toppers dies (ME), Circle Dies (SU), Silver embossing powder
Accents: Crochet Thread, Crystal Effects

No comments:

Post a Comment