Thursday, April 16, 2015

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Backgrounds

Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge Blog has a make your own background challenge this week. As you know, I LOVE to make my own backgrounds! In fact, it's probably one of my very favorite things to do.

I recently got a bunch of new stamps in the mail from the Sweet Stamp Shop (with more on the way!) and I couldn't wait to play with them.


I created my background by randomly stamping the large and small flame stamps on a piece of whisper white cardstock. I love how it turned out! (Making my own designer paper is a passion!) I stamped the dragon image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and used my copics to color him in and then fussy cut him out leaving a white border around him. I stamped the sentiment and the egg on a separate piece of cardstock that had been cut out with Simon's Stitched Rectangle dies (coloring with copics again). I felt like the panel was getting lost with the flames behind it, so I backed it with a slightly larger rectangle of Daffodil Delight cardstock.

I think this makes the sweetest non-traditional baby card I've ever made. I have a friend who recently had a baby and I know she'll get a kick out of this.

Supplies:
Stamps: Dragon (Sweet Stamp Shop)
Paper: Daffodil Delight, Whisper White
Ink: Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Stitched Rectangle Dies (SSS), Assorted Copics

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely sweet and delightful! Love your coloring! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make Your Own Background” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete