Friday, May 8, 2015

Party!

My husband and I are leaving for the weekend for a trip to Vegas. We have a couple of friends (actually husband and wife as well) that we're going to meet for a few days. We haven't seen them in over a year and today just happens to be Kit's birthday. We're really looking forward to spending some quality time with them and meeting with some family that lives there as well. We'll be back sometime Wednesday night, so don't worry if you don't hear from me for a bit!

I wanted to create a card to give to Kit while we were there. I just got some new My Favorite Things stamps and dies in the mail, but the cow image wasn't quite what I was looking for. The Paper Smooches cow from Chubby Chums seemed to fit with the image in my head just a little better, so I used that image and matched it up with a sentiment from the From The Herd stamp set by MFT.


I layered a bunch of die cuts for this one, but I like the way it turned out. In hindsight, I would have moved the cows down a bit and the fence up a bit because you lose the middle of the fence behind that center cow. Oh well, they can't all be perfect! I die cut a small circle from white cardstock and used my copics to trace in a few craters to give it a realistic touch. The sentiment and stars were stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed in white. So fun to make!

I'm entering this little cutie into two challenges. The Challenge #33, which was a sketch and Paper Smooches Anything Goes. For the sketch, I turned the squares and the butterfly into my 3 cows and the flags in the upper corner into the moon. Not a very literal interpretation, but it was an inspiration!


Supplies:
Stamps: From the Herd (MFT), Make A Wish (Mama Elephant), Chubby Chums (Paper Smooches)
Dies: Grassy Fields (MFT), Rolling Hills (MFT), Circles (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Midnight Muse, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copics
Other: White embossing powder

6 comments:

  1. Rachel, your card is super adorable. I *heart* cows and this herd is precious. Your moon looks super cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! I think it is perfect and wouldn't change one detail! Love the moon - very realistic... thanks for joining us at The Challenge this week!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, this card is adorable! I know your friend will love it! Those cows make me laugh! Your card is perfect just the way it is! Thank you for joining us at The Challenge this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, I am in love with your sweet card! I love your adorable little cows, super cute...thank you so much for playing along with us at The Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too fun! Love the little scene you created. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge and at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete