Saturday, November 14, 2015

Playing Catch Up!

So my mini vacation is over, but now I feel like I need to play catch up with posting the cards I've created! Whew, there are a lot! I'm only going to post 3 here though. Some of them are meant to be surprises for people, so I don't want to ruin that!

First up is a card I made for a friend who recently (but not so recently) lost her unborn child. She was pretty far along and it was devastating for everyone who knows her. I was trying to make something a little silly so she'll hopefully smile. (And it's also been several months now, so she's beginning to look for things to smile about.)


I'm hoping that she'll be able to look at this card on those tough days and remember that someone's thinking about her. Sometimes it's the small things that hit her the hardest and I wanted to send her something small that may help a little.

Supplies:
Stamps: You Make My Tail Wag (My Favorite Things)
Dies: Stitched Circles and Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Sahara Sand, Basic Black
Ink: Fired Brick Distress Ink, Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copics
Other: English Brick Stencil (My Favorite things), White embossing powder 

Next is a happier card! I created this for a friend who adores squirrels. Weird animal to love, but I guess they're sort of cute in a rodenty way, lol!


I used the new set from Clearly Besotted called Nutty But Nice for this one. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it. It has all sorts of squirrel images and they're just so stinking cute! I used the two small image stamps to create the background and then flipped them over and used the backs of the stamps to stamp the solid image over the top in a lighter shade of ink. It ended up looking super cute! I stamped the panel and used ink blending over masks to create the background and then colored the image with copics.

I'm entering this card into the Simon Monday Challenge. The challenge this week is to use the letter N. I chose "Nutty"!
Supplies:
Stamps: Nutty But Nice (Clearly Besotted)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Neenah Solar White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Wild Wasabi, Garden Green, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Assorted Copics, Maliblue and Sea Glass (Simon Says Stamp)
Other: Sparkling Clear Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

 And for my final card - a little something for the Share Handmade Kindness Campaign!  I swear, I didn't copy Jennifer McGuire's card! I had this in my head last Sunday before we left for our trip, but I didn't have time to make it until we got back and by then she'd already posted this lovely card!

So, here's my card. It looks incredibly like her's, so I'm giving her full credit since I made mine after she made her's. It's only fair to give credit where credit is due.


It's hard to see the shading on the whipped cream, so I took a closer picture so you can see it a little bit better.


The funniest thing about this is that I'm giving this to my mail carrier...and she's giving her card to her mail carrier! Sometimes I just sit back and marvel at what an odd world this is!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hug In a Mug (My Favorite Things)
Dies: Hot Cocoa Cups (My Favorite Things), Stitched Rectangles (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Soft Suede, Real Red
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Fired Brick, Copic E50
Other: Hearts embossing folder (Sizzix), Clear Wink of Stella (on hearts)

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card and I love the "nutty" take on our challenge theme ~ so much fun and thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete