Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Lawnscaping and Another Birthday

Today's first project is for the Lawnscaping Challenge.


This challenge was to create a tag. I used a Simon Says Stamp tag die to create the base because I just don't have one from Lawn Fawn. That's technically the only thing on this project that isn't from Lawn Fawn. I cut another tag and then used the Forest Border die to create the bottom of the tag. The original base was heat embossed with the snowflakes and then I used Distress Ink to blend in the blue color. The deer image was simply stamped and colored with Copics. I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the tag with Memento Tuxedo Black. That's all!

I'm also going to enter this tag into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge because it just happens to be to create a tag this week!


Supplies
Stamps: Toboggan Together (Lawn Fawn)

Dies: Toboggan Together (Lawn Fawn), Stitched Dress Up Tags (Simon Says stamp), Forest Border (Lawn Fawn)
Paper: Neenah Solar White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Assorted Copics, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire (Distress Ink)
Other: White embossing powder, red and white baker's twine

My next project is a birthday card I created for my uncle.


I wanted something more masculine, so I stamped my card base with the Woodgrain Background stamp. I cut the panel using a Stitched Oval die and then stamped the bear onto the panel. I used my Copics to color the bear and add a "floor" and a halo of light blue (which you really can't see in the picture). The sentiment was gold heat embossed on vellum and attached around the oval. I didn't use foam adhesive for this one since it has to go through the mail and I didn't want it to get squished!

Supplies:
Stamps: Birthday Bears (My Favorite Things), Woodgrain Background (My Favorite Things)
Dies: Stitched Ovals (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper: Crumb Cake, Neenah Solar White, Vellum
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark, Assorted Copics, Crumb Cake
Other: Gold embossing powder

4 comments:

  1. Your deer tag is darling, with the snowflakes falling around him, Rachel! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp "Tag it!" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tag - the night sky background is gorgeous. A great masculine card too.

    ReplyDelete