Friday, April 8, 2016

Pineapple Thanks

If there's one trend that I'm in love with right now it's the pineapple trend! I love pineapples! Always have, always will.  I needed a thank you card for a friend of ours who helped us with our taxes this year, so I let the pineapples be my guide along with the current MFT Stamps sketch challenge!


I started with a Fog gray card base and then cut a panel about a little bit shorter than the base. I used the Pineapple background stamp on the panel and adhered it to the base. I cut another piece of Pear Pizzazz cardstock with the largest of the Cross Stitch Circle dies and stamped the Balloon Strings background in the same color for a tone-on-tone background. I positioned the circle where I wanted it and then cut the excess off with my paper trimmer. I used my Polynesian Paradise dies to cut 3 pineapple shapes and one of the flower clusters. I stamped each image and then colored them with my copics. I gave each pineapple a layer of clear Wink of Stella for some shine and then adhered them to my circle. The 2 pineapples on the bottom are adhered directly to the card and the third pineapple and the flower cluster are adhered with foam tape for dimension. I finished the card by adding the die cut Thanks and some beautiful sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.





3 comments:

  1. I love how you used the sketch and the stamps and colours you've chosen are great, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is divine, Rachel, LOVE the pineapple background and the cute focal panel!!

    ReplyDelete