Friday, May 13, 2016

Cool Penguin

I've been in a little bit of a creative slump lately. I created so many cards so quickly that I burnt myself out and now it's an uphill battle to get my mojo working again. I decided to try out MFT Stamps weekly sketch for a little bit of inspiration today.


I replaced the scalloped border with a flag, but pretty much stayed true to the rest of the sketch. I have a problem with taking things pretty literally when it comes to a sketch, but I like how it turned out. The background behind the penguin was created with a little masking paper and some distress inks blended on with a blending tool. I masked off the sky and sponged the sand and the reversed it to sponge the sky. I stamped the card base with the Pineapple background stamp to add a little bit more interest instead of using a blank card. Everything else is pretty straight forward. I stamped the penguin and the tree and then cut them out with my Brother Scan N Cut 2 and then colored them with copics. The sentiment was heat embossed in white on black paper. I cut the flagged ends by hand.




3 comments:

  1. Cute! Your coloring is outstanding. Love your take on this sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous - love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card. Lovely take on this sketch ;-)

    ReplyDelete