Saturday, June 4, 2016

Waving Hello

I had two challenges in mind when I created this card. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Mask It and the CASology Challenge - CAS.


I started by stamping my mermaid and then masking her. Next, I stamped my rock and masked it. I then created a large mask using masking paper and a circle die and carefully placed it on my panel so the mermaid was in the center of the circle. I masked off the bottom of the circle with some painter's tape and then used an ink blending tool to blend in some Mermaid Lagoon distress ink. I switched the painter's tape and masked the top to blend in the sand on the bottom with some Frayed Burlap. I removed the painter's tape and stamped the seaweed image with some dark green ink. Then I carefully removed all the masks and colored the rest of my images with copics. I finished it off by stamping the sentiment in dark black ink. I just love how this spotlight circle looks with all the white space around it!

  



5 comments:

  1. Fabulous masked scene! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely, Rachel! All that clever masking was certainly worth it, and yes, you are right - all that white space around it really gives it the spotlight it deserves! SO glad you could join us for our 200th Challenge at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How adorable? Love the focal image. Great use of masking technique. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Mask It challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fabulous, Rachel! I also came to congratulate you on being the winner for the month of May over at LIM!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm late to the party here but saw this on Pinterest and love it!, very simple and yet sophisticated. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete