Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Chevron Mermaid

I still had my mermaid set on my desk from yesterday, so I decided to ink it up and play along with CASology (chevron) and Can You Case It? (color challenge).


I started by placing a chevron stencil (it's super old and I honestly don't know where I got it!) over my card base and masking off a small rectangle with some post it tape. I used an ink blending tool to blend some Chipped Sapphire ink through the stencil and then carefully removed it.

Next, I stamped my images and colored them in using my Copics. My Brother Scan N Cut 2 made it super easy to cut them out and I popped them up on my card base with some foam tape for dimension. I carefully stamped my sentiment using my MISTI so it would be centered perfectly. I finished it off with a sprinkling of my favorite Sparkling Clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.

   



6 comments:

  1. Love the card! That little mermaid is just too precious! Thanks for joining CYCI! Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little stenciled background, Rachel. It makes such a great CAS focal point! Thanks for playing along this week with Can You Case It! – Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, Rachel! I may need to add that fun little mermaid to my collection! She is a perfect fit this week in the CYCI challenge! ~ Amber, DTM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally adore your card! From the Mermaid to the chevron is it wonderful! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Cute!! I love that Mermaid set...and what you have done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! So sweet, Rachel! Congrats on you HM at CASology!

    ReplyDelete