Tuesday, February 21, 2017

CASology: Score

There's a brand new cue from CASology and we can't wait to see how you interpret it!


I studied music for many, many years, so when I see the word score I automatically think of a musical score. With that in mind, this is what I came up with!


I know it's a little earlier to start my holiday cards, but is it really? I barely got any made this past year because of a huge move and then getting the house set up. I say the earlier the better this year!

I started my card by cutting a panel with a Wonky Stitched Rectangle die. I blended 4 different colors of blue ink into the panel to create an ombre effect. I cut my musical score from white cardstock and adhered it on top of my ombre ink. I added it so it was a little crooked (almost like the wind was blowing the music across the page with the snowflakes) and then added my greeting under it in some black ink. I normally don't use sequins, but I liked how they looked with the delicate snowflakes. I added them sparingly across the card to add to the snowy feel. I adhered my panel to a card base and it was done!

Thanks for joining me today!



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous take on the cue card, Rachel! Your inking/blending really makes the musical score pop and I love your wonky stitched border! Beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete