Thursday, May 11, 2017

Over the Moon

Oh my goodness! For the first time in a long time, I made a card because I wanted to and not because of a deadline! It's been a while since my mojo has shown its head around here!

Today, I'm playing along with the MFT Stamps Sketch Challenge.


For some reason, this sketch made me think of a window to the stars. So I took that idea and ran with it.


1. I cut a card base from white cardstock and set it aside.
2. I cut a piece of Navy cardstock to the size of an A2 card front and then trimmed 1/2 inch from the side.
3. I adhered that piece to the front of my card base.
4. I cut a 1/2 inch strip of gray cardstock and adhered it beside my navy one on my card front.
5. I used a stitched scallop frame to cut a frame from white cardstock and navycardstock.
6. I heat embossed white stars onto the center piece from my navy frame and then adhered it where I wanted it on my card front.
7. I adhered my white frame around the navy oval piece.
8. I stamped my sentiment in Versamark ink and heat embossed it in white embossing powder.
9. I stamped my images with black ink and then colored them with my copics.
10. I used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to cut them out with a small white border.
11. I adhered my images to my card front using foam tape.
12. I added a tiny bit of clear Wink of Stella to the window on my spaceship for subtle bit of shine!

That's all! Easy-peasy but so cute! Thanks for joining me today!


3 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Rachel. Congrats on your MFT win this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cute card Rachel, congratulations on your win! I'm a follower of your blog now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your well-deserved win at MFT for this really cute card...Love it!

    ReplyDelete