Tuesday, June 13, 2017

CASology: Clothes

It's time for a brand new cue from the CASology challenge! This week we're focusing on CLOTHES!


I immediately thought of this super cute Lawn Fawn set (Loads of Fun) that features a bunch of laundry.


This card is super simple to create. I created a small scene by using some masking paper to layer some small stamps on top of my laundry basket. I started by stamping my first sock so that it would appear to be in the laundry basket. Next, I stamped my second sock so that it looked as though it had fallen out of the basket. I masked off both of my sock images and then stamped my laundry basket on top of them. When I removed the masking paper, my socks appear to be in the basket and in front of it. I hate fussy cutting, but it's so worth it to me when I'm creating these masks.

Just a tip - masking is a great way to create a small scene without adding a bunch of bulk to your card. In this case, I kept my card completely flat by using masking instead of adding my socks on top of my panel layer.

When my image stamping was complete, I used my MISTI to stamp my sentiment below it. I colored everything in with Copics and then added a slight shadow beneath my images to help ground them. I adhered my panel to my card base with a tape runner and it was all finished!

Thanks for joining me! I hope you'll play along with us this week!




1 comment: