Tuesday, August 15, 2017

CASology: Prickly

I'm back today with a new cue from CASology!


I lived in the desert for 3 years, so my mind immediately went to the cacti that was abundant around my neighborhood.


I decided to mask a few images to create a clean and simple little scene. I stamped my first post and heat embossed it in white and then covered it with some masking paper to stamp the cactus so that it looked like it was inside the pot. I heat embossed that in white as well and then masked it off. I stamped my second pot with the same technique (heat emboss and mask) and then stamped my final cactus. I removed all of my masks to reveal my little scene.

I used several colors of distress ink and a paint brush to watercolor my little scene and then roughed in a little background for my pots to sit on. I stamped my sentiment using some black ink and then attached my watercolor panel to a card base. That's it! Easy-peasy!

Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Rachel! I absolutely love the embossed/watercolor look! I may just have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring and layout - it's gorgeous, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Rachel. Great take on the challenge. I love your coloring of these succulents. They do remind me of those in the desert. Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfectly stamped, masked & colored, Rachel! This really is a little piece of art!

    ReplyDelete