Tuesday, August 8, 2017

CASology: Safari

Hello, everyone! I'm back with a new cue from CASology to play with!


I immediately thought of all the amazing animals you can see on safari and that led me to these sweet little elephants from My Favorite Things.


I knew I was going to color with Copics and that they tend to bleed, so I started by cutting a panel with a stitched rectangle die. I stamped my elephant using my MISTI to make sure he was centered and then stamped my sentiment below him to ground him.

I used my Copics to color him in. I used warm grays for the elephant and then used cool grays to add a slight shadow around him to help him stand out from the stark white of the panel. I added a little bit of grass below him using my yellow greens.

I adhered my panel directly onto a card base using a tape runner and I was all done!

Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see how you're inspired this week!




5 comments:

  1. This sweet little elephant is my very favorite! LOVE it!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring on this darling elephant, Rachel! Love this sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable and perfectly colored. I'm sure it will inspire many participants in our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!! so so cute and such beautiful coloring! You ar so good Rachel! Hugs Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring is always so perfect, Rachel! Love this sweet elephant.

    ReplyDelete