Tuesday, August 29, 2017

CASology: Square

Hello! I'm back today with a new cue from CASology!


I decided to create a square card to go along with the cue this week. And inside of my square card, I also masked another square to ink in some color. Double squares!


I began by cutting a card so that, when folded, it was 4 1/4 inches by 4 1/4 inches. I then cut a piece of masking paper to be slightly larger than the card front (about 4 1/2 inches square). I used a square die to cut a square from the center of the masking paper and then used the negative piece over the front of my card base so that I could blend ink to create a background in the center of my card.

I used Salty Ocean and Faded Jeans distress inks to create a halo effect where I was going to adhere my image. I carefully removed the mask and set aside the card base to dry while I worked on the image.

I stamped my image on a piece of cardstock and then used my Copics to color it in. I used my Brother Scan N Cut 2 to fussy cut around the image and then went back to my card base to stamp my sentiment.

I used my MISTI to help me make sure my sentiment was straight and stamped it in Versamark ink after using my EK Success Powder Tool across the bottom of my blended circle. I heat embossed it in white powder so that it stood out against the blue background.

All that was left was to adhere my image with a little bit of foam tape and I was all done!

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute!!! such a great birthday card... you have me thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a darling card, Rachel! I love the sweet little image and your ink blending highlights her perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, it is gorgeous, that masked square is perfection. Cx

    ReplyDelete