Thursday, August 3, 2017

The Challenge 94

Hello, everyone! It's time for a brand new inspiration photo from The Challenge!


My eye was immediately drawn to those cute cupcakes, so I broke out my Sweet Shoppe set from Sunny Studio Stamps to create my own sweet treat. I decided that my cupcake looked awfully lonely, so I added a little orange soda and a candy to keep him company!


I started my card by stamping my cupcake and candy and then coloring them in with my Copics. Even though I hate fussy cutting, I did it this time because I wanted to get as close as possible to the lines as I could. I went over the white edges with a memento marker.

I cut my soda bottle from some watercolor paper and then blended in some Carved Pumpkin distress ink. I splattered water drops across it so it looked carbonated. I adhered a blue strip of cardstock over the top for the label and then stamped my heart and fussy cut it before adhering it on the label.

I stamped my sentiment on a piece of scrap pink cardstock and then heat embossed it in white powder. I clustered my images where I wanted them and then used a piece of washi tape to keep it all together while I added some foam tape to the back of them.

Meanwhile, I cut a stitched panel from some watercolor paper and then blended in some Tumbled Glass ink to the bottom right corner where my images would sit. This helps them stand out from the stark white of the paper and adds a little bit of faux dimension.

I adhered the panel to a white card base with some double-sided tape and then adhered my images on top of my ink blending using the foam tape.

To finish, I added a sprinkling of clear sequins with some multi-medium matte.

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: