Sunday, November 12, 2017

Less Is More - Fireworks

Today's card is a clean and simple one made for the current Less Is More challenge - Fireworks!

Now, let me start by saying that this was a color challenge and my card is black and white. The reason behind that is that my absolute favorite color of firework is the sparkling silver/gold. There's just something magical about them. So while this may be a very liberal interpretation of this cue, it was still inspired by it.



I wanted to make this look like a fireworks display over New York, so I used the New York skyline die to cut out a silhouette in black. I experimented with using a navy or darker gray cardstock as a base, but I ended up liking this middle-tone gray the best. The fireworks still stand out on it, but it also allows the skyline to shine as well.

I stamped my fireworks above where I wanted to adhere my skyline and then heat embossed them in silver. I adhered the skyline directly to the card using some Multi Medium Matte and then heat embossed my sentiment on top of it in white powder.


When you tilt the card in the light it has some great shimmer that remind of those beautiful sparkly fireworks.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Such a terrific card. Love it! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A subtle and creative take on our colour challenge. I like the white embossed fireworks on the gray. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete